Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Thoughts

Well...I went to bed last night with a sick feeling, woke up with a sick feeling but as this day has gone on I feel much more at peace. After reading this verse on a friend's blog I realized that the Lord has a lot to say about authority and government, and bottom line...we as Christians are to respect the authority He has put into place. No, I am not happy about the results of the election, but it's not about me. It's about the Lord and his plan for His world.
"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgement on themselves." Romans 13:1-2
I will respect Barack Obama as my president because this is what I've been called to do.

1 comment:

Ashley W said...

I agree.. Even though we were McCain supporters, we have to move on an respect our new President..If we as citizens of this country don't respect him then why should anyone else! Love the post..well said!