Tuesday, March 16, 2010

From the mind of a 4 year old...

This weekend we were headed to eat dinner at Cracker Barrel when we drove past a cemetery and Natalie started to ask questions about it. This is a conversation I never want to forget.


The conversation went like this:

Natalie: Mommy...is that heaven?

Me: No Natalie that is a cemetery.

Natalie: Well what's a cemetery?

Me: That's where they bury you when you die.

Natalie: Oh yea. What do they bury?

Me: They bury your body.

Natalie: Ok. Well if that is were they bury your butt then where does your face go?

Me: I said body not butt....you silly girl!

Natalie: No your silly mommy.

Natalie: Well if they bury you then how do we get to heaven to see Jesus?

Me: Your soul goes to heaven.

Natalie: I know where your soul is at...it's under your tummy.

Me: Sure.

And that was the end of the conversation.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

so cute!! my almost 4 year old asked me what a soul was..it was an intersting conversation...maybe I should blog that too? love your blog...your kids are precious!:)